Summary General Office Worker near Montréal (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a general office worker. The following information is applicable to all General office support workers (NOC 14100).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
General office support workers prepare correspondence, reports, statements and other material, operate office equipment, answer telephones, verify, record and process forms and documents such as contracts and requisitions and perform general clerical duties according to established procedures. They are employed in offices throughout the public and private sectors.
High school or specific training
This occupation usually requires a secondary school diploma or several weeks of on-the-job training.
Median wage in the Montréal Region
The job prospects are fair in the Montréal Region
advertised near Montréal (QC)
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents
- Receive and forward telephone or electronic enquiries
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Sort, process and verify applications, receipts and other documents
- Process incoming and outgoing mail manually or electronically
- Date modified: